Greatwyrm wrote:MHR is a little different than the type of games I'm used to running. I'm okay with the system itself, but the pacing of the story and the different types of scenes I'm having trouble with. I'd like to throw out a few questions and any advice is welcome.
1. With Transition Scenes, do you get to recover stress in every transition scene or just ones you're in?
2. How many of each scene do you usually link together? I'd expect a fight can move through several locations/arenas in a row. What about transitioning to new transition scenes?
3. For assets/resources that last until the next X type of scene, how long do those really last? If you make something that lasts until the next transition scene and then move to another transition, is it gone? Even if you're not in the scene?
Again, I'm sure these are noob questions, but I'm glad for any feedback.
1. If there's a transition scene, you can attempt to recover stress. I don't think there is such a thing as a transition scene you're not in. You're in it, even if you're not with the rest of your team.
2. Linking scenes are a bit of an art, once an action scene concludes, think if there should be a break in the action or if the action should continue. If it should continue, go on to another action scene. FYI, your above "fight that moves through several locations" is still one action scene, even if the locations change.
3. They really last until they say so. If you gain a resource that lasts until the beginning of the next transition scene, it goes away at the end of the next transition scene, even if that's the next scene. As with #1, there is no such thing as a transition scene you're not in, just seperated from your team. Heck, the transition scene could be your excuse to regroup!