icemanpure wrote:Was wondering if anyone had taken a crack at this? I was thinking about doing it but it seems like everyone who wears the Symbiote in the books now just has a clone of spider-man's powers. And it seems unrealistic to bump his strength from D10 to D12 even though the suit made him stronger. So I guess this would be done by a SFX.
It's an odd one. In the comics, the Symbiote didn't actually do much for Spider-Man - it could morph into different types of clothing, and produced a limitless supply of webbing - and only really started granting Spidey's powers to its hosts after
he got rid of it.
In numerous sources since, however, the Symbiote has been shown to heighten Spidey's powers and make him more aggressive.
All in all, it depends on whether you're doing a true-to-the-comics black suit, or one more akin to the version shown in the 1990s cartoon and the incarnations that followed it.
In any case, here's my take on it - something of a compromise between the two options.Spider-Man (Peter Parker)Affiliations
Solo d10, Buddy d8, Team d6Distinctions
- No More Mister Nice Guy
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
Enhanced Senses d8, Enhanced Stamina d8, Superhuman Reflexes d10, Superhuman Strength d10, Wall-Crawling d6
Black Costume Symbiote
- SFX: Spider-Sense: Spend 1 PP to add Enhanced Senses (or step up by +1 if already in your pool) and reroll all dice on a reaction.
- SFX: Second Wind: Before you make an action including a Spider-Powers power, you may move your physical stress die to Doom and step up the Spider-Powers power by +1 for this action.
- SFX: Spider-Tracer: Spend 1 PP or use an effect die to create a Traced complication for a target. You may track that target anywhere until the complication is removed or Enhanced Senses is shutdown.
- Limit: Exhausted: Shutdown any Spider-Powers power to gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene
Enhanced Durability d8, Shapeshifting d6, Swingline d8, Weapon d8
- SFX: Grapple: Add d6 and step up effect die by +1 when inflicting a web-related complication on a target.
- SFX: Web Constructs: When creating web-related assets, add d6 and step up effect die by +1.
- SFX: Symbiote's Aggression: Add d6 to Doom, or step up the smallest die in the Doom Pool, and step up a Spider-Powers power for one action. If the action fails, gain d6 Emotional Stress.
- Limit: Fire and Sonic Vulnerability: When making a reaction against fire-based or sonic-based actions, gain 1PP and shutdown Black Costume Symbiote. Activate an opportunity to recover, or take an action vs Doom to rid yourself of the Symbiote completely.
Acrobatic Master d10, Combat Expert d8, Covert Expert d8, Psych Expert d8, Science Expert d8, Tech Expert d8MilestonesWe Need Each Other
- Gain 1 XP when you use the Symbiote's Aggression SFX
- Gain 3XP when you use the Symbiote Costume to defeat an enemy that you were defeated by before you gained the Symbiote, or when you inflict mental or emotional stress on a friend, loved one or ally because of the Symbiote's influence.
- 10 XP when you choose to bond permanently with the Symbiote, or when you reject it completely and rid yourself of it.
Add any one other Spider-Man milestone from Breakout or Civil War.